Knowing how to prove you used Roundup can be vital to the success of your Roundup mass tort claim.
How Do You Prove You Used Roundup?
Roundup is a weed killer produced by Monsanto, an agricultural biotechnology company acquired by the pharmaceutical giant Bayer in 2018. Roundup is one of Monsanto’s best-selling products and a popular staple in many households.
Obtain Medical Proof of Disease
To prove a Roundup claim, you will also have to prove that you have been diagnosed with a disease that has been related to Roundup exposure. Roundup exposure has been linked with many forms of lymphoma, including:
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
- B-cell lymphoma
- T-cell lymphoma
- Hairy cell lymphoma
- Mantle cell lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
For more information about Roundup’s link to the lymphatic system, see our blog, “Roundup and the Lymphatic System: What You Need to Know.”
When it comes to actually obtaining this proof, your lawyer’s office will do the work of gathering all necessary medical records on your behalf, so you won’t need to hunt down your doctor’s office or navigate through online medical portals. Your lawyer will also need to obtain proof or documentation of your initial diagnosis and the year it occurred. If you have any records on-hand, giving them to your lawyer can speed up this process.
In addition to proving that you were exposed to Roundup during the appropriate period of time and that you were diagnosed with a disease that has been linked to Roundup exposure, your lawyer will need to go through the litigation process and put in additional work in order to prove your claim.
Your lawyer will need to pull together additional resources like research, expert witnesses, and court forms to take your case to the finish line. This includes finding research that proves Roundup causes cancer, establishing what type of claim to file (defective design, failure to warn, negligent design, or negligent failure to warn), and proving that the standard elements of a tort claim (duty, breach of duty, causation, and damages) are present in your case.
Get Help To Prove Your Roundup Usage Today
Negligent corporations should be held accountable for the injuries they cause. Victims are filing lawsuits against Bayer because they claim that their cancers were caused by Roundup exposure. If you or a loved one were exposed to Roundup and developed cancer or another disease that has been linked to Roundup exposure, you may also have a claim.
Guardian Legal Network is here to help. We have a network of experienced Roundup cancer attorneys and resources available to help you get the justice and compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to get started today.
- Bayer. “Bayer announces agreements to resolve major legacy Monsanto litigation”, https://media.bayer.com/baynews/baynews.nsf/id/Bayer-announces-agreements-to-resolve-major-legacy-Monsanto-litigation. Accessed March 11, 2022.
- Douglas Main. “Glyphosate now the most-used agricultural chemical ever“, Newsweek, www.newsweek.com/glyphosate-now-most-used-agricultural-chemical-ever-422419. Accessed March 7, 2022.
- Gabriella Andreotti, et la. “Glyphosate Use and Cancer Incidence in the Agricultural Health Study“, Journal of the National Cancer Institute, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29136183/. Accessed March 11, 2022.
- Geoffrey Mohan. “EPA says herbicide in Roundup weed killer doesn’t cause cancer, contradicting California regulators“, Los Angeles Times, www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-pesticide-cancer-20171218-story.html. Accessed March 7, 2022.
- Sally M Bradberry, et al. “Glyphosate poisoning,” Toxicol Rev. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15862083/. Accessed March 7, 2022.